måndag 30 januari 2012

Peter van Uhm: Why I chose a gun

I love this TED talk. I ADORE this TED talk. Why? Because it is so important to be able to have an open, constructive discussion on weapons and violence. One comment stated that "where the government has a weapon monopoly there can never be democracy". I don't agree. Our police carries guns to give them authority and protection while serving on our streets - not because they "like guns". Same argument is rarely applied when you talk about the army, but in the end they have the same purpose only on a bigger scale. Of course, that does not mean it's only so, but I think it would be a good thing to try and implement a more positive view on why we have an army - I think that would also give more of the right kind of people reason to apply.

Inga kommentarer: